Overnight Cinnamon Rolls

I was given this recipe from my mother's friend at my wedding shower.  I make them every Christmas morning.  Christmas morning wouldn't be complete without a fresh cinnamon roll out of the oven.  

Ingredients
3 cups lukewarm water
2 tablespoons yeast
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoons salt
10 - 12 cups flour

Directions
Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.  Add melted butter, sugar, and salt.  Add well beaten eggs. Gradually add flour to make a soft dough.  Knead dough.  Let dough double in size and punch down.  (Do this twice.)  Roll dough flat and spread with butter, sugar, cinnamon, and/or nuts and raisins.  Roll up and cut into rolls.  Place on a well greased baking sheets.  Cover with a towel and then a large piece of plastic to keep soft.  Set on table overnight.  In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.  Frost if desired.

I usually put the rolls in the refrigerator and take them out in the morning to rise for 2 hours.  I frost them with a cream cheese frosting.

Yield: about 24 rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent Recipes